It can get a bit confusing at first how to apply for an Indian e-visa so I created this quick guide that will help you with each step of your application process.
What Are The Requirements For Indian E-Visa?
Your nationality must be on the list of eligible countries for an e-visa. Nationals of Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and the United States are all eligible for e-visa.
Also you would need to upload the following documents –
- Digital copy of recent colored photo – (2in x 2in)
- Digital copy of Passport
Where To Find Indian E-Visa Application?
Even though many websites or companies online might be offering electronic visa services, the official portal to apply is the Indian Visa Online portal.
- Go to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/
- Select Apply For E-Visa
How To Fill e-Visa Application Form?
To get your application started, you would need to provide the following details. Once you click submit you will be issued a temporary application ID.
- Nationality – Must be an eligible e-visa country
- Passport Type – Select Ordinary Passport
- Port Of Arrival – Indian Airport (E.g. Delhi Airport)
- Date Of Birth – Must be in DD/MM/YYYY Format
- Email ID – Your email id to receive electronic visa
- Visa Service – Select eTourist Visa (Tourism)
You would also need to provide the following details for the Applicant –
- Surname – Provide your family name
- Given Name – This would be your first name
- Gender – Select Male/Female/Transgender
- City of Birth – The city where you were born
- Country of Birth – Country where you were born
- Citizenship ID – Enter NA if not applicable
- Religion – Your religion (select others for Atheist)
- Visible Identification Marks – This could be a birth mark / scar
- Educational Qualifications – Highest education level attained
- Did you acquire nationality by birth or naturalization?
For the passport details, the following information is required –
- Passport Number
- Place of Issue
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- If you hold additional nationalities
Once you submit, you will be able to upload the passport/photo and complete your application by making the payment.
What eTourist visa duration should I go for?
It is recommended to go for 1 year duration if your plans are tentative, however if your flight is already scheduled for a short trip then you might just select 30 days period. If you select 30 days then you must apply for your visa a few days before your trip begins.
Please note that the visa validity period is 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
How Long Does It Take For E-Visa To Get Approved?
For most applicants, it would take about 1-2 days for the e-visa to be granted.
Before Your Arrival To India
Here are some things to check before your arrival
- Make sure that your visa status is showing as ‘GRANTED’ before your flight.
- If your country is on the list of yellow fever affected countries then you would required to provide proof of vaccination on arrival.
- You cannot use e-visa for land border entries.